Tuesday 9 August 2011

Everybody loves Hollywood!!!

That's right!
I was just watching Everybody loves Raymond and what do I have to say about that?Well funtastic is the  word.
I am not a traitor..as much as I like our channels don't you think their channels have a knack of....having fun.
I mean just look at our soap operas.Can you see anything except hardships in life?
Agreed this is reality but marrying four times is NOT a reality..atleast not in our country...or atleast not when you are marrying the same two people all over again!!!!
Watching their shows makes us realize what fun we miss in our lives and how much time we waste cribbing.
Our country has become modern enough to let women become independent in her own rights.No more do we see women in kitchen all day or in a joint family or being a homemaker alone.As for shedding buckets of tears it does not happen anymore..okay all the above in some cases but generally I would like to think that times have changed.
Now the argument would lead  to where we can say that they are created according to the taste of the audience in that country...but tell me one thing who doesn't love Friends, Castle, The Simpsons, Modern Family........:-)
Laughter and a little stress free time never hurt anybody.
As for the movies I don't have to say anything.Bollywood is colourful but the crux remains the same don't you think?
While H-movies have stories ranging from real life stories to comedies to adapted stories to history to fiction.......
Well we have these too but considering the global audience I think Hollywood is ahead-like it or not.
Their technicians and equipments are hired in B-movies.Take a look at their action movies....F&F anybody?
Our actors see Hollywood as claim to fame in the world...while their actors might be impressed but dying would probably not be the word I'll use.In the end who doesn't want fans and admirers?
To top it all all the reality shows we have have been plagiarised....I mean ALL.....
Our movies are shamelessly and without guilt copied without any copyright.
If not the stories atleast the songs or posters will be.I can assure you.You can get list of such movies online!!
Then is the comparison of acting styles-some do copy we have to agree.
Considering all these factors I think Hollywood wins hands down.
Again some might not agree being fiercely loyal but it it not about being loyal it is about being fair and respecting true talent.I must say it is respected and how!!!
Some tidbits
  • A band from UK named JLS is the second runner-up of the show X Factor Season 5.They are one of the leading boybands in UK.
  • American Idol winners are always successful and top the billboard some time or the other.
  • American Idol contestant Chris Daughtry though not the winner of the show has a band which is one of my favourites and of million other people across the globe.
This is talent.
This is respect.
This is Hollywood.



No comments:

Post a Comment