Sunday 17 July 2011

Just Another Rainy Day

Sigh!!!!or should i say Yay!!!!
These are the days Mumbaikars die for what with the scorching heat they have to put up with in the summers and unusual drop in temperatures in the winters.
But stepping in on potholes and puddles is just not my idea of spending a well earned holiday.
It looked beautiful though and the weather seemed to remind me of London(once again).
I have visited this fabulous city once and would kill for more opportunities to do so again.
This title for one is apt:It's just another rainy day in London:lyrics by A.J.McLean.
But such days take me back to the good old days of my old house.I spent 9 years of my childhood in that home i called 'My Palace'.Well i was The Queen!!!!!!(it was a one bedroom apartment).
On such days we would usually stay at home snuggled up in bed(that would be my bro and me...me mostly).In the dull afternoons it was scrabble time for my grandmom and me,chess and monopoly time for my brother and me,cards and uno time for my brother,mom and me.Wow!!!!!what fun.....!!!!!
Team this fabulous course of activities with a hot cup of tea and a plate of hot bhajjias.......Yummmmm
Next comes tv time...my dad would have made himself comfortable on the couch scanning channels(those were the days when tv was worth watching).An argument would ensue as to which channel should be watched and end in the same manner it started(phush phooosh phush)like a bucket of cold water was poured over us.It would usually end with thoughts of all the family members having one tv set each.(Imagine 6 tv sets in a one bedroom mansion!!!!!!).We would then end up watching old songs on B4U or some such channel.
Reminiscing those days,now-a-days nobody has the time or need for a hot cuppa tea or garam garam bhajjias.I wonder if there is an interest either.It's all about tv and internet time.Night time is reserved for everybody's most beloved partner-TV.There is no 'ME' time let alone the time for others.
We have become netizens instead of alert citizens.
One can only think that if this is the case in joint families what is to say about nuclear one's.
But then such is life dearies.

No comments:

Post a Comment