Saturday 16 July 2011

Do What You Love:Y NOT?

Planning,decisions,career.........
We all have been thru' this.
The important part is who is the decision-maker?Is it you or somebody 4 u?
In my case I'd like to say the decisions were made for me assuming that I was weak and could not even trust myself to do what i loved.
For starters ARTS is my LOVE.History my interest.Psychology my PASSION.
I can tell you one thing guaranteed that this particular movie DOES NOT need my advertising or recommendations-3 Idiots.Well it is a true life story.
A true life story of many students whose decisions are already taken for them.
A common prejudice prevails that in Science:especially engineers and doctors get a lot of money.Well to be honest they do.
But that is not to tell that commerce and arts do not.Example being  my dad who earns more than what only people could dream of.Btw he is a CA,CS and ICWS all rolled into 1!!!!!aka CFO of his company.
But Arts.....ummmm......what had Barkha Dutt taken as her career option?what had Ambike Anand taken?I wonder...........
Searching can get you anything.....like a salary of a Psychologist...which is more than enough for a girl with passion and money and who vows to be single for the longest time possible!!!!!!!!!!!!I know my contemporaries who quit science and have taken up BMM and that too after a year or two's deliberate vacation to plan their life.A big Salute to them for the courage,confidence,faith and trust they exhibit.
I can only think of them as one of the many lucky souls alive who are following their passion.
That is not to say that science sucks;its not just every1's cup of tea(or coffee)Well i prefer coffee to tea so.......:-P
In wake of so many people taking up their passion with or without support from their parents i have only one thing to ask-Whoever said business and pleasure can't be mixed?

No comments:

Post a Comment